18 baishaquan, Shuguang Lu.
If you love Thai food this is the place to go. There are a few other Thai restaurants in Hangzhou but this one definitely gives you the best bang for your buck. It’s also one of two Thai restaurants in Hangzhou that actually employs a Thai chef to make sure the food actually tastes like Thai food. BIG bonus! If you’ve ever been to Thailand and you come back to China and tasted the Thai food here you’ll know what I mean. I’m not into Thai food that is made for Chinese taste. I want the real deal and Mango Thai is where I go to get it.
Foods to try:
- Thai green curry with chicken or beef
- Pad Thai
- Yogurt drinks
- Any Thai style Fish dish
- Pineapple fried rice
- Any soup
- The prices are very good for a Thai restaurant. Most dishes are between 25 – 35 rmb.
- The environment is very peaceful and well decorated.
- If you drive they usually have an extra spot available.
- Very clean.
- Real Thai chef.
- Very close to Shuguang bar street
- Unenthusiastic waiters
- Wine is overpriced
- If you’re a smoker, go outside.
The first floor can be too loud when they are making yogurt drinks.